Hello everyone, Trust we’ve been good. Been long here you know. #ClearingTheDust….ahahahaha. So we thought about going on a #PrayingForOthersChallenge. I know some people might be curious about why and what inspired us. Take a deep breath, grab a drink if you have one and keep reading.
It’s actually a known fact that most times we get on our knees , we end up praying for ourselves alone. Common … Don’t you think It’s right about time we pray for other people we don’t even know.
So therefore, We decided to go on a thirty days of extending every of our prayer points to everyone around us and when we say this – We mean absolutely everyone in the WORLD. Oh yes, you read that right. As from tomorrow, we’ll post our prayer points on our Facebook and Instagram page, We strongly believe through our faith in God that every lives that lack this prayer point shall be touched. It’s our honest desires that testimonies and miracles shall erupt from this challenge, We pray that every closed doors shall be opened and God will begin to make way in every wilderness and deserts. We also pray that every destiny shall begin to manifest and every chain shall be broken. Please, Do not hesitate to send in every of your prayers/requests and/or someone else’s via our email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are super glad to pray for you and there’s absolutely nothing the devil can do to stop God’s plan for your lives.
The characteristic of being selfless is one of the most important traits any Christian can have. It’s so significant that Jesus said it is the second most important of all God’s commandments: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself” (Mark 12:31; cf. Galatians 5:14). Jesus wasn’t creating a new law here; He was merely agreeing with and expounding on an Old Testament law (Leviticus 19:18). James calls this the “royal” law to emphasize its supreme value to God (James 2:8).
Why are we doing this?
- We don’t do anything out of the spirit of God. We do as his spirit leads us to.
- One trait that is needed on our Christian walk of faith is selflessness. Sometimes we worry about ourselves and our wants rather than wanting to give others our time and our help, but this should not be. We must have empathy for others and put ourselves in someone else’s shoes. The only thing this selfish world cares about is what is in it for me? We don’t need a reason to serve and help others we just do and we do it expecting nothing in return.
- As believers we must be a reflection of Jesus. Selflessness results in sacrificing for others, forgiving others, making peace with others, and having more love for others.
How to partake? It’s pretty simple
- You can be a part by joining us daily as we post our prayer points on our facebook or instagram (Kikelomo & Yetunde) page.
- You can send in your own or someone else’s prayer requests via email@example.com.
- True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice.
- You don’t need a reason to help people.
- Praying for others in your brokenness is a selfless act of love.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient, love is kind, it is not envious. Love does not brag, it is not puffed up. It is not rude, it is not self-serving, it is not easily angered or resentful. It is not glad about injustice, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
- Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
- Mark 12:31 The second most important command is this:‘Love your neighbor the same as you love yourself. These two commands are the most important.”
- 1 Peter 3:8 To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit.
- John 3:30 He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.
- Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
- Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Remember the hashtag is #PrayingForOthersChallenge